January 5, 2014 at 7:45 AM #1316
Hello Mr StartupWP,
My site is almost ready. However, I have only 3 questions that I need help, they are:
1. I have received error message from firebug :
Invalid App Id: Must be a number or numeric string representing the application id.
FB.getLoginStatus() called before calling FB.init().
I don’t know what to do with this and where to change.
2. I don’t think I can ask this question over here as can I send an email to you ?
3. I am using StartupPro. Recently, I have installed WP-PageNavi plugin for my future use. WP-PageNavi will appear on the right-hand side of the page when a page attribute set as Default Template. However, when a page set as with Sidebar Left and Right or Sidebar Left, it would not show up. Is there any solution for this ?
Thanks in advance.January 6, 2014 at 2:15 PM #1330
1. This is along the same lines as receiving W3C “errors”. It’s very common to receive all sorts of notices and warnings when running your site through code checkers. But, unless your site is actually having any problems, you can usually ignore such strict nags.
2. We don’t provide private support, so perhaps this is something that might require hiring a web pro?
3. You may want to check here first: http://wordpress.org/support/plugin/wp-pagenaviJanuary 6, 2014 at 2:46 PM #1331
Thank you for your advise.
Refer to answer no 2), it’s nothing to do with customization or require to hire a web pro, but …… In that case, may I know as when I open firebug, it shows some code which suppose not to. I have gone to other sites to check whether they are the same as mine, but no. So I’m wandering, is it due to StartupPro or WordPress.
As for answer no 3), I have checked with the plugin author, he is not familiar with the theme I am using.
Thanks.January 6, 2014 at 11:09 PM #1332
2. Can you explain further?
3. We’ve just released version 2.0, which completely revamped the code. Please don’t upgrade directly to it (or you may lose some of your custom work), but you may want to test it out separately.January 6, 2014 at 11:26 PM #1333
2. What I mean, while viewing the html code from firebug, I am able to see my username from post comment part. In that case, when any visitor leaving a comment, I am not going to give them any reply as my username is obviously shown in the firebug. This will cause attention from the hacker.
On top of that, I am thinking whether I need to disable the key F12 and right click in order to prevent it.
3. Mine is a child theme of StartPro. Will it still affect ?
Thanks.January 7, 2014 at 1:49 AM #1334
2. You’re only seeing this because you’re logged in with your account, other people can’t see this. Also, we recommend not disabling right-click. Anyone that wants to get around this can, and it only manages to annoy legitimate users.
3. Yes. Because the code has changed so much (for the better mind you) it simply won’t match up from the child theme anymore. We definitely advise checking out version 2.0 separately, almost best to consider it a completely different theme. We’ll continue to support version 1.0, but 2.0 is much improved.January 8, 2014 at 2:10 AM #1336
2. I am sorry to say that whether I am logged in or out, I am able to see this. I have done a test acting as a subscriber or visitor, still I am able to see that. Below is the example (view from firebug) :
< ul class=”children”>
<li id=”comment-109″ class=”comment byuser comment-author-XXXXXX bypostauthor odd alt depth-2″>
3. If I want to upgrade startupPro ver 1.1.6 to version 2.0, I will need to backup the StartupPro and child theme by using FileZilla, and then upgrade it, right? Furthermore, just to confirm with you, the customization for ver 1.1.6 will be quite useless for ver 2.0 as the theme is completely different. Do you have any demo theme for the new version ?
Thanks.January 8, 2014 at 3:38 AM #1338
2. Try clearing all caches while logged out and then restarting your browser and checking. If it’s still there, it’s possible that you actually hard-coded that into the file?
3. Yes, the demo (https://startupwp.com/demo/) has been updated, but you can only mildly see a view visual changes, you won’t be able to see the back-end changes.
What you can do, is download the latest version (from your receipt link) and then open up both your current theme’s and the new theme’s files side-by-side in your favorite text editor and you can then switch back and forth checking out the changes and probably be able to work out fairly easy how to copy customizations over from one file to the other.
Rest assured that 2.0 has been carefully and methodically improved to the point where there should never have to be such a dramatic upgrade again.January 9, 2014 at 5:15 PM #1356
2. I have gone for a search, is it available to know from functions.php, there is a code:
<div class=”comment-author”><?php printf(__(‘By %1$s on %2$s at %3$s’, ‘startup’),
I would like to know, what is %1$s on %2$s at %3$s ?
3. Don’t mind, can I have a receipt for my first purchase for this theme as I don’t have it with me.
Thanks.January 10, 2014 at 1:57 AM #1357
2. Anyway thank you, I have resolved this problem.
3. Now, I only need the receipt for future link.
Thanks.January 10, 2014 at 3:27 AM #1360
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.