August 4, 2015 at 8:13 AM #2426
I hope I can relate with clarity what I am trying to do.
I am using a plugin (Content View free) successfully to display
content on my site. I want to use this in conjunction with a custom
post template to display content in three columns (example
http://harvestamerica.org/?page_id=448 needs CSS tweaking for what I
am really going for).
So I am wanting a custom post template that will have the CSS in it
already so when you create it you insert the data (Description, donation amt options,
and the donation img/hyperlink) into the proper third of the area
without having to code it in each time you create a new post.
I will have people entering this that don’t know code and don’t want
to know code and shouldn’t be coding on this site.
Is this making sense to you? I may be overthinking it, not sure.
If there is a more functional way of doing it, please let me know.
I have looked into the Give plugin, but it is difficult to customize
the forms to play the way I want/need.
Thank you for your help.
JohnAugust 4, 2015 at 8:42 AM #2428
It looks like the easiest solution for this is found here:
1. Duplicate page.php, naming it something else, perhaps donate.php, then add this to the top of the file:
<?php /* Template Name: Donate */ ?>
As well as the following where you want the custom content to appear:
<?php echo get_post_meta( $post->ID, 'about', true ); ?>
2. Install this plugin:
3. Set up the plugin:
– Click on ‘Custom Fields’ on the left hand admin menu
– Click ‘Add new’
– Under ‘Location’ set the rule to ‘Page Template’ is ‘Equal to’ ‘My custom template’
– Above the location section click ‘Add field’ and enter the field name. For this demonstration we’ll call the field name ‘custom_about’ with a field type of ‘wysiwig editor’
– Give the field group a name at the top, in this demo I’ve called it ‘Extra’
– Click ‘Publish’ on the right hand side
This may not be the most complete solution for exactly what you’re looking to do, but should get you started. If you need more help we may be able to provide it, but please keep in mind this is a very advanced customization request and may be outside the scope of what we can reasonably assist with.
Thank you.August 4, 2015 at 10:31 AM #2430
Thank you for your impossibly quick response!!
I will try it and let you know.
JohnAugust 5, 2015 at 3:54 AM #2432
You’re welcome. We’ll be here.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.